I have a hard time making friends with other guysTue, Dec 5th 2006
I have a hard time making friends with other guys and I also have relationship issues. When I am with other men I always feel like I am being ignored and that I am not getting any respect. I've searched all over the internet and couldn't find any information related to my problem. I believe this problems stems down to when I was younger. For most of my childhood I was always shunned from my brother and my cousin. They never accepted me into there "group". They would tease me to get me mad. So, I was left playing with my sister. Ever since, I've had trouble making friends with other guys. My community was full of hunters and guys who played sports. I, on the other hand, had different interests like music. As a result, I became friends with girls instead. Now, I have a hard time crossing the friendship line with the girls I meet and it is exteremly difficult for me to become friends with other guys becuase I don't understand them. If you could give me any information I would be happy.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.