Having Trouble Being FaithfulWed, Sep 1st 2004
I have trouble being faithful to the person I am in involved with. I am flirtatious and end up kissing other guys especially after drinking a few drinks. Looking back at my life this is a pattern that I have develop, even having relationships, when I was younger, with married men. This is something that I am not proud of. I am in my 40's now and and divorced, which my problem basically destroyed my marriage and is about to destroy the relationship of the man I love. I don't set out to intensionally end up kisses another man but it has happened on more than one occasion and actually witnessed my the guy I am(was) dating. I don't know what causes me to do this. I really love the guy I am(was) seeing and would do anything to get back with him and spend the rest of my life with him but I need to stop destroying my relationships and destroying my reputations. Enough is enough. I don't want to continue my live like this. I have 2 young children, 7 and 10, and I want to give them what they deserve. My dad died when I was 7 and I lived with my mother and 2 brothers. Is there any way to stop myself from destroying yet another relationship. Please help!!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.