What Abuse Looks Like #2Tue, Dec 30th 2003
I have been dating this guy for over 2-1/2 years now and we have recently purchased our first house together. 'R' has been very mean lately. He is constantly nagging at me about what I don't do around the house. This is not new we have lived together for about a year before this. He's constantly calling me lazy. Which I find to be untrue most nights he has dinner waiting for him and the house is immaculate, but it is what I don't do that he complains about. And lately more than ever he has been insulting me a lot and calling me names, getting mad at me over silly things, like if I have the door closed in the bedroom while having a friend over or thinking that my friends and I are always talking about him and laughing at him. He also has weird sexual tendencies: After getting mad at me for something dumb and calling me names, he will want to have sex, but when I say no, he will call me a name like a skank and just start going off on me. I think he has some sort of disorder and should maybe get some help but when I bring it up to him he thinks that I am being ridiculous. Please help.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.