FightingWed, Jun 25th 2003
I have been stay with my boy friend for three years. At the beginning we are happy, but after one year we started to wrangle a lot of things. I don't know why we can't communicate to each other. Every time when I try to discuss something with him, it always turn out an unhappy ending. I think because we think and act differently. I have tried my best to keep this relationship because I know he loves me. I did try other ways to solve this problem, but nothing and no one can help. Now my mind is going to be crazy because I don't know what should I do? Now I don't even know am I still love him since we have hurt each other so bad during those quarrels. He always said I have so many problems and I don't recognise myself, but I think when something happen in a relationship, both side have their own responsibilities. I have been thinking of leaving him, but I really love him. I don't know should I keep a relationship just because we love each other or because we are happy to be stay together. Before I met him I know what is love, but now not any more. I really need someone to rescue me from this relationship. Please help!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.