Relationship In TroubleMon, Mar 31st 2003
My boyfriend and i have been together for 4 years. We are two very happy and social people (when we're around others). People tell us we're great together. Unfortunately we have issues (like in any relationship) but ours do come from our childhood. He has a problem showing me affection (he had a terrible relationship with his mother, he was not taught how to show he loves someone) and we have had major arguments over this. He wants me to settle for what he gives me. But I'm done with that, we have talked about getting help but because of our jobs and our kids (he has 3 and I have 3) we never have gone through with it. I on the other had have an issue listing and talking advise for a man, my dad i very abusive to my mom he dictates every move she makes. I don't want to end up like her taking orders from a man. My boyfriend can't take this anymore. We have ended our relationship due to these issues we can't get over, not to mention we both have trust issues. We are now hurting because we're away from each other!!! HELP !!!! He says we need to be friends only but I love him and I know he loves me. When do you know when enough is enough?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.