Unlucky in LoveWed, Nov 6th 2002
I am a 29 year old male, struggling to make my life work. I have not been very lucky in love, in fact I have only had one girlfriend in the last six years. I have dated one other woman, casually and she basically led me on a string while she was looking for someone better. My recent ex-girlfriend was really interested in me initially, and I mean she was so interested that I thought we might have a future, but then out of nowhere she got really evasive, distant, and started to see other people, "platonic" at first but then she decided to end the relationship. I seem to be attracted to women who are assertive and goal driven, but who can't commit. I on the other hand may commit too quickly. I say I am struggling to make it work, I mean I have returned to school after an attempt to live off of my artwork. I would just like to meet someone who is willing to accept my present limitations while I build into a solid future. Any suggestions?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.