NEED Him Not Want HimMon, Sep 30th 2002
I don't trust my boyfriend 100% and worrying and being paranoid has really done a lot to me emotionally. He cheated on me once and I cheated on him once. He trusts me and at times I feel that I can really trust him, but when he talks about other friends that are girls I get worried and jealous, I think it's because I'm afraid I might lose him. I don't want to lose him and that's why I'm paranoid. I love this guy to death. We've been together for 8 months and I don't want to dump him or be away from him. I've dumped him many times before in the past just because I get so mad at him I feel it's the only way to punish him. We argue quite a bit but with time I know things will get better. All I know is that I don't want to be without him, he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. He threatens that if I leave him he'll kill himself cause he'll have nothing left to live for. He keeps secrets from his past from me cause he don't feel comfortable telling me but yet his last g/f before me was with him for 3 months and he told her EVERYTHING. I don't like that and I'm just stressing and not making any sense and I don't know what to do. He's really serious about me cause whenever I do dump him he always asks me back out and I recently found out that when he went to 'A' for a week on vacation he bought an engagement ring. I really do want to be with him forever but I don't want to go through the pain that I would go through if he ever dumped me. I would just want to die...I can't live without him. I NEED him, not want him... NEED him. I need advice though... I don't know what I should do cause this relationship is just really stressing me out.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.