Dumped Ten TimesSun, Sep 30th 2001
Hello Anne my name is 'M' my friend has dumped me for the tenth time in our 5 year relationship. I want to know if you could help me understand why he keep coming back to me. And then turns around and hurts me again. He always gets upset with me because I will call him 2 or 3 hours after I get home from work and then call him again when he doesn't call me back sometimes he doesn't call me until day or two later. This makes me very angry because what I want to talk to him about may not be important a day or so later. He told me that I was crazy if I think that he going to call me back when I want him to and he will only call me back when he wants to. I am very much in love with this man. And don't understand why he treating me this way. Do you think he trying to get rid of me. Do you think I am crazy for still loving this man when he is treating me like this. I also had some problems with him cheating on me over the years. I would always take him back. I am so afraid that he is going to come back to me this time because he knows that I have a weakness for him. Every time I take him back and he hurts me again seem as if I get stabbed deeper and deeper in to my heart. I brought a book called " Don't Call that Man " by Rhonda Findling. It don't seem to help. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes very afraid that I will pick up the phone and call him and he will either annoy me or call me and tell me off. Please give me some advice on this matter. Thanks Going Crazy!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.