Why Won't They Stay With Me?Mon, Aug 14th 2000
I was in a relationship for a year and a half off and on. We broke it off 9 months ago. For 6 out of the 9 months I wanted to be single because I was hurt and lost all trust for males. I would go out on dates thinking that if I would go out on a date the I would get over my first love. The last 2 months I have been looking and waiting for the right guy to come along. Well every time I would think that the relationship was going to work out I would get turned down. So for like two weeks I just didn't even acknowledge the fact that there was even a guy standing right in front of me. Now I meet this guy a week ago and I really like him and he turned me down too. My question is what am I doing wrong? I'm living in misery of being and feeling lonely. Can I change that feeling? How can I change it if I can? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.