Broken Hearted ManMon, Feb 14th 2000
My girlfriend of 2 1/2 years broke up with me 2 weeks ago, she already has a new boyfriend. She said I was to controlling, but she was also. I realized that I messed up and I told her I'm sorry, I even signed up for counciling. She says that she still loves me and still has feelings for me, she says she is confused. Everytime I talk to her or see her, it kills me inside. She says that I need to work on myself right now, and we will hang out as friends, and we will just see what happens. I don't understand how could she leave like this? How does she already have another boyfriend and what do I do to get over her, Im soooooo inlove with her, but I cant handle seeing her if she has a new boyfriend already. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! IM SO CONFUSED AND I FEEL EMPTY AND LONELY.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.