What Does He Really Want?...Wed, Nov 11th 1998
I have been dating this guy for almost 6 months now. Over the summer I went out of the country for 4 months, after only about a month and a half into our relationship. I ended up moving all of my stuff into his apartment, and he watched it while I was gone. During the 4 months, we kept in touch, always maintaining our love for each other. Then he said he cheated on me once while I was gone, but he said he still loved me, and the only reason he told me was because he didn't want any secrets between us. I want to believe him, but I'm having a hard time. After returning home, we lived together, but weren't getting along, so he said maybe I should get my own place. I moved out, but now he says that sometimes people say things that they don't mean, meaning he didn't really want me to move out. But, even though he was the one who helped me move out, he never said "Don't go." Is this guy just messing with me or could he really be sincere?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.