Could He Fall In Love with Me?Tue, Oct 6th 1998
A guy that I really like keeps saying that we are just good friends, although we are intimate. Whenever he is over, he always leaves something behind - clothing, video - but keeps saying that I'm not the woman he knows he will spend the rest of his life with. Right now, that's not what I'm interested in....yet. I'd just like to have an intimate, monogamous relationship until both of us see if it will work. Then we can talk with more knowledge about whether the rest of our lives should be involved. I am very comfortable with him, no matter what we are doing, and he seems to be comfortable with me. We do things together at least once a week, and it usually ends in intimacy. He is loving and caring and even shows affection in public in front of mutual friends. Even they are confused...friends or more? they keep asking. Right now, I'm just going along, guarding my heart, enjoying my time with him, but hoping that someday his eyes open and he sees that what he's been looking for has been there all along. Is this possible?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.