Are They More Than Friends?Tue, Sep 29th 1998
How do I regain the trust of my boyfriend? He claims that he lost trust in me when I invaded his privacy by going thru his email and deleting a message from a woman that he knows - I've always been uncomfortable with their relationship. His contact with this woman has been of a cyber sexual nature, and now he says they are just friends. She sends him cards, pictures of herself, email asking him to beep her or call so they can chat online. I know what I did was wrong, but I felt justified to a certain extent. To me, this woman appears as though she wants something MORE from him - why does he continue contact knowing how it makes me feel? Why would he have a picture on his computer of her with her pants pulled down showing her bare behind? Why would he keep it? Am I being an idiot holding onto something he promised - his love? I've moved 3,000 miles to be with him, and now at best we are distant and just co-existing in his home.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.