LonesomeTue, Jun 16th 1998
I ended a 3 year relationship in March of this year. I have been on antidepressants and in therapy. I still feel quite depressed. I have met people, but they turn out flakey. They don't call or cancel dates which just perpetuates the depression. I don't look forward to the evenings or weekends because I feel so alone. I feel when I reach out to people there is this big risk of getting hurt all over again. I don't feel suicidal, just really down. I have started to read Mars & Venus, but that reminds me of just how hopeless relationships can be, and I'm only 32. I have decided not to contact my ex because that gets me down as well. I tried to be friends, but I need more time to heal. It does bother me though that he doesn't feel affected by this in the least. In fact when I told him I was moving out, his response was well you gotta do what you gotta do. He seems fine with everything which really hurts. So, I know just get on and stay busy right? Well there are only so many times I can exercise and go shopping. I don't have many friends as it is either. And the ones I do have are caught up with their mates.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.