A Sexual ProblemWed, Feb 5th 2003
My fiance and I have a sexual problem. In the first 6 months of our relationship we both had intrest in sex, but I found within that 6 months (we are now going on a year) I loved her more and more, we couldn't afford birthcontrol and I developed an extreme fear of her becoming pregnant (and even condoms gave me worry), soon I could not connect loving her with sex, just sex and her becomming pregnant. This presented our problem, she can connect love with sex (as in sex being a normal part of loving someone), but I fail to see that connection (she does have birthcontrol now). It seems to me that love and sex have nothing to do with each other? This is hurting us both please help.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.