Why is this still going on. I see a theripst, I see a psychiatrist for my medication. I have been on so many types of medication I don\'t even want to go there. I have been in the hospital 5 times for attempts on my life. It has been three years since my last attemp. but I must say I see another coming on. I went to my psychiatrist three weeks ago and she left me on the same medication and even reducted it a little. This depression thing has been going on since I was 21 years old. I am now 52 and do not know why or how I have made it this far. Please tell me does this ever end without dying. Is this something that can and will go away. I am just tired of living like this. I do all the things they say to do. Eat right,exercise, keep stress down, hold down a full time job. The one thing I do not have is much support. I can\'t force pople to be friends with me. I go to church and talk to others some. But thats not support they hardly know me. Please tell why it not getting better.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.