My husband was a great lover when we met 27 years ago. Twelve years later he stopped all sex with me, no intimate touching, nothing, not even passionate kisses. I have caught him masturbating while looking at "stuff" on the computer. This happened three times in the past year. His excuse is he's trying to regain his sex drive.
I am so lonely and yet, when I try to talk to him, he shuts up and refuses to talk about anything related to the issue. I feel like it is slowly killing our marriage. My trust in him is now low, although I am pretty sure he is not having an affair. He is very loving in all other ways, tells me he loves me, constantly, is a great provider but no intimacy in the bedroom. I am desperate about what to do. He won't see a doctor, won't talk about it and won't even try.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.