I've been married for 11 years. Early on my wife cheated on me twice (I found the note she wrote confessing of her love to him) and I came home in while she was in the act with the second guy. She has also exposed herself to others on the internet in the past. I decided to stay with her and we worked out our problems and the relationship seems to be stronger than ever. But the other day I found a posting on an amateur erotic website that some guy had sent in that was titled "a friend." I swear (I'm about 85%sure) I think its her. I couldn't see most of the face but what I saw of the body and lower chin I think it's her! I am heartbroken at the thought of this, but I don't know how to bring it up. I can't just drop it because it is eating away at me all the time, every day since I saw it. Do I just ask her or do I try to dig around a little first to try and make sure first? I feel so lost and hopeless because of this. Please help me!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.