My Gay Son?Tue, Feb 17th 1998
I have a 15 year old son that I suspect may have been sexually abused at a young age by one of our adult, male neighbors. He (my son) is very feminine in his behavior and gestures. We've found porno magazines (depicting men) in his room, and he seems almost consumed and preoccupied with something going on in his head. He has almost no self-esteem, and very few friends, none of whom are female. Personally, I've not yet been fully convinced by either side of the biological/psychological homosexuality argument, and have difficulty deciding how to seek help for my son. I just feel that if I don't at least try, I may live to regret it. One thought that I did have is "hypno-therapy". If he could be "brought back" to the point in time where the suspected abuse took place, he at least might be able to understand it, and go from there. My question is this: Do you know of any success stories where someone has been treated for homosexuality through regressive hypnosis, or do you know of any books or articles written on the subject?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.