Untrusting PatientMon, Aug 2nd 2004
A little background information. I left school about 1/2 a year back because i attempted suicide and severly got into cutting. well, since i've been home things have been looking up. I sought out help and found what i though was a decent psychologist. in the end he ended up trying to rip off the insurance company we go through. i felt betrayed and stopped seeing him. all the thoughts i had last year are beginning to surface again. i've been diagnosed with OCD and depression but i refuse to take pills. i tried last year but i ended up downing the whole bottle and causing myself more problems. i know that when i was consistent with the intake of the medication i didn't fully feel like myself but i was more stable than i am now. I want to seek out help and begin the medication again, but i'm having a trust issue cause of my last psychologist. what should i do? how can anyone be 100% sure they need medication? what medication do i take for OCD&depression?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.