Sick Of Feeling This WayMon, Aug 2nd 2004
I have had a few people tell me that I seem depressed and to be honest, I am sick of feeling this way. I am always sad, always tired, always think I am not good enough, pretty much always want to be alone and unhappy with the person I am. I have not had boyfriend or a date in 5 years. I am tired of spending every night at home watching tv and eating. What can I do. The one friend that I have managed to not push away takes me out sometimes, but I am so worried at what people might be saying about me that I do not have a good time nor do I meet new people. I will be 26 in 7 days and I just want to be happy and live a life that I can be proud of. I do not have insurace, so I cannot go to a therapist. (nor do I have the extra money to pay for one) I don't know what to do, but I am tired of being me this way. What can I do?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.