Shy Rural StudentWed, Jan 4th 2006
I'm a 16 year old Australian high school student, but unlike most guys my age i have real trouble talking to people unless i know them really well, and it makes me lonely and depressed. I started thinking - maybe i can be cured of this, and after taking some Internet quizzes i got these results:
- Paranoid: Very High
- Schizoid: Medium
- Schizotypal: Very High
- Antisocial: High
- Borderline: High
- Histrionic: High
- Narcissistic: Low
- Avoidant: Very High
- Dependent: High
- Obsessive-Compulsive: Medium
There is no chance of me seeing a psychiatrist where i live (its like 650km), so i was wondering are there things i can do to help myself, because i can't be like this for my entire life.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.