Substance Abuse Services
Access, intervention, treatment and recovery are the watchwords of AMHC’s substance abuse program. AMHC seeks to enhance community awareness of the causes, problems, and solutions related to substance abuse through prevention, education, and consultation services. AMHC intervenes in the process of abuse and addiction with assessment, treatment, and support services that lead to change and recovery. AMHC offers a comprehensive array of substance abuse services that includes treatment for people with co-occuring disorders. In addition, AMHC provides referral and advocacy for individuals who need medically supervised detoxification.
Substance abuse counselors are available at each AMHC outpatient office and substance abuse speciality site. Services include: Outpatient and Home Based Services are provided by counselors located at each AMHC outpatient office who offer access to:
- Strengths and needs assessments for substance abuse and co-occurring services
- Individual, group and family therapy and education
- Multiple weekly individual and/or group service sessions
- Planned, structured interventions
- Case management advocacy
combine professional counseling, therapy, and the principles of the recovery community in order to assist individuals in defining personal recovery goals. Services include:
- Dependency/Co-Dependency Treatment
Residential Treatment Facility (RTF)
382 Main Street
P. O. Box 501
Limestone, Maine 04750
Contact: AMHC Access Center at -800-244-6431.
Prevention Services promote healthy, drug-free lifestyles and leadership training to children and adolescents throughout Aroostook County. Prevention services include:
- Weekend Program
- Aroostook Teen Leadership Camp (ATLC)
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Programs are designed for individuals who are challenged with substance abuse/alcohol dependency and a mental health diagnosis. Generally, programs are held 2 to 3 times a year throughout Aroostook County. Sessions are co-facilitated by Substance Abuse and Community Support staff. Programs include:
- Matrix Model Intensive Outpatient Services: Group treatment that accommodates individuals who wish to remain on the job or maintain other responsibilities while in treatment.
- DEEP Program: A Driver Education and Evaluation Program that provides treatment and evaluation for individuals who have received a citation for Operating Under the Influence (OUI). This program is offered at all AMHC outpatient offices and local health centers for both adults and adolescents.
For more information about AMHC's Substance Abuse Services, contact Peter McCorison, LCSW, LADC, Program Director, Substance Abuse Services, at 207-498-6431.