(HealthDay News) -- Good friends are hard to find, and keeping them may be even more difficult.
Here's advice for parents to pass to their children, courtesy of the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- Point out that friends should be respectful, helpful and follow the rules.
- Be a good friend yourself, so your child can model that behavior.
- Discuss qualities that make for a good friend, focusing on positive values that are important at home.
- Schedule play dates with children who you feel will be a good influence on your child.
- Work on a good relationship with your child, including honest and frequent communication.
This article: Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.