AMHC is recruiting for a creative and energetic full time Human Resources Specialist at the Central Administrative Office in Caribou.
The core responsibilities of the Human Resources Specialist are designed to fulfill a broad variety of support and management tasks in the human resources department. Specific duties assigned to this Human Resources Specialist include but are not limited to:
1. Coordinates health, life and disability insurance enrollments, and communicates with benefit providers concerning routine administration of programs.
2. Stay current on changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect employee benefits.
3. Act as liaison between employees and all insurance carriers.
4. Assures compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as directed; receives and records COBRA insurance premium payments.
1. Review and track all work-related injuries, prepare Worker’s Compensation claims, work with Worker’s Comp carrier regarding claim processing.
2. Ensure the agency complies with OSHA regulations and adheres to agency safety plan.
1. Prepare, submit and review all background check for all staff and report any significant finding to the HR Manager.
2. Track and Process performance evaluations.
3. Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal and licensing requirements.
4. Assist in development and implementation of the agency’s wellness program.
5. Lead and facilitate bi-weekly new hire orientation process
An Associate's Degree and/or appropriate experience working in human resources is preferred. The Human Resources Specialist should have technical experience, including responsibility for maintaining computer systems, proficient in using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel and Microsoft Word software. Additionally, this position requires a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
Forward cover letter, AMHC employment application, resume and transcripts to: Dustin Damboise, Human Resources Specialist, AMHC, P.O. Box 1018, Caribou, Maine 04736. Email to: Careers@amhc.org Fax: 207-492-3181
AMHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.