AMHC Peer Centers in Aroostook County have announced their reopening dates:
- Roads to Recovery (R2R) in Caribou and Aroostook Recovery Center of Hope (ARCH) in Houlton will reopen their doors on Monday, June 15, 2020;
- DownEast Recovery Support Centers in Calais and Machias will also reopen on Monday, June 15, 2020;
- Valley Peer Center in Madawaska and Harvest Inn in Caribou will reopen to the public on Monday, June 22, 2020.
“Our teams are very excited to welcome back members of the community,” shared Christine Brown, AMHC Program Director of Community Integration. “As mental health and substance use peer support specialists they have done a great job doing virtual outreach to their communities but are looking forward to engaging face to face once again.”
Each center will follow these general guidelines, but please be sure to check with each center for any variances:
- Visitors will be limited;
- Staff and visitors must adhere to physical distancing of six feet;
- Staff and visitors will be asked to wear a mask if they are unable to maintain six feet of physical distancing;
- Other precautions will be attended to, such as hand sanitizers and screening questions prior to coming to the centers;
- Please do not go to the centers if you are not feeling physically well.
Roads to Recovery, Aroostook Recovery Center of Hope, and DownEast Recovery Support Centers provide individuals a place to come and receive support for their substance use recovery journey, connect people to resources, and also serve as a venue for a variety of recovery meetings.
Valley Peer Center and Harvest Inn Peer Center offer persons with mental health challenges the experience of giving and receiving peer supports in moving towards self-discovery. Peer-to-peer supports to empower individuals to address personal priorities and to grow their sense of self and purpose.
For more information, please contact the peer centers:
- Valley Peer Center (Madawaska) – 207-728-4806
- Harvest Inn Peer Center (Caribou) – 207-492-1386
- Roads to Recovery (Caribou) – 207-493-1278
- Aroostook Recovery Center of Hope (Houlton) – 207-254-2213
- DownEast Recovery Support Center (Calais) – 207- 952-9279
- DownEast Recovery Support Center (Machias) – 207-259-6238