CINR is a day treatment program offering comprehensive brain injury rehabilitation in Caribou and Houlton. CINR is an outpatient program designed to address deficits that may impede a brain injury survivor’s maximum recovery in the areas of intellectual, emotional, and social functioning. CINR is fully accredited by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
The following comprehensive services are provided directly on-site or through referral and are available as determined by the individual’s treatment plan:
- Individual (1:1) treatment
- Activities specific to a client’s needs
- Group problem-solving
- Stress management training and practice
- Pragmatic/social skills retraining
- Life management skills retraining
- Supervised community outings for clients
- Transportation services
- Referrals for behavioral health and physical, occupational, and speech therapy if necessary
- CINR accepts clients 18 years of age and older.
- MaineCare clients accepted; please contact us to discuss other forms of insurance coverage.
- Client must have a documented brain injury secondary to trauma, stroke, or disease.
- Client should be independent with transfers.
- It is recommended that the client be three (3) months post-injury and have previously received some type of rehabilitative therapy.
- CINR is able to address mild to moderate levels of anger, anxiety, and depression often present with brain injury; please contact us for more information.
CINR welcomes questions about the service as well as direct referrals from individuals and family members; healthcare providers such as hospitals, medical rehabilitation facilities, outpatient facilities; and workman’s compensation.
For more information about the service, referral eligibility, and insurance coverage, please call CINR at 1-207-498-3820.
- 159 Bennett Drive, Caribou
- 11 Mill Street, Houlton
You must be logged in to post a comment.