April is Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Month
- In Maine, over 4,000 children in 2018 were victims of abuse.
- Visit the Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA) website at https://preventchildabuse.org for resources on how to spot child abuse.
- In the U.S., 4 to 5 children die from child abuse or neglect every day.
- U.S. child protective services referrals involve 7.2 million children every year.
- 91% of child abuse perpetrators are parents.
- Maine Child and Family Services has a 24/7 hotline to report suspected child abuse or neglect: 1 (800) 452-1999